Sold: Coughlon 74.88 Acres Tract 3
Description: Tract 3— Eugene V. Coughlon Estate —74.88 Taxable Acres w/82.1 CSR2
Located in the W 1/2 of the SW 1/4 of Section 27, Deer Creek Township
- FSA Farmland Acres: 74.37 Acres
- FSA Cropland Acres: 73.79 Acres
- Corn Base: 44.52 Acres w/159 bu/acre yield
- Soybean Base: 27.82 Acres w/44 bu/acre yield
This is another highly tillable tract with a 40’ x 96’ pole building in the SE corner. This building has a dirt floor and leased for $600/semi-annually but can be cancelled by the Buyer. There is a terrace running east and west on the north quarter. There is undoubtedly private tile with some noted on the county tile map but no tile size is noted nor good tile maps available. The farm slopes mostly NE to a small ravine along leading to the road ditch along P41 that appears low enough to tile to. The road culvert will take the water east of P41. The land is bordered by 145th Street on the south, 140th Street (C66)on the north and P41 (Johnson Street) on the east.
Property Description: These three properties are a great opportunity to purchase quality tillable farmland in north central Iowa. They have great agricultural potential and are open for full possession for the 2021 crop year. Located in Section 27 of Deer Creek Township of Webster County, Iowa, these tracts are four miles east of Clare and 6.5 miles north of Fort Dodge. The tracts are directly located off of 140th (C66), 145th, and 150th Street as well as being directly west of P41 (Johnson Avenue). The land is mostly gently rolling with good outlets for drainage improvements. The owners have been pleased with the present long-term tenant and would recommend him to a Buyer. None of the parcels have had a wetlands determination. This land might work for a livestock unit due to distance requirements from homes.
Legal Description: The total 222.82 taxable acres m/l are located in the East fractional half (1/2) of the NW1/4, the East fr. 1/2 of the SW 1/4 less the 4.92 acre property exception, and the West fr.1/2 of the SW 1/4; all in Section 27, T90N, R29W of the 5th PM, in Webster County, Iowa, subject to public roadways.
Auction Terms and Conditions:
- Online bidding from September 1st, 2020 thru September 16th, 2020.
- The minimum bid will be $8,000/taxable acre for all three properties. The online
bidding program only shows even acres but the final amount will be the winning bid per acre times the taxable acres.
- Bid increments will be $50/acre.
- Bidding is scheduled to end at 6 pm on Tract 1 on September 16th, 6:30 pm on Tract 2 and 7:00 pm on Tract 3. Any bids in the last five minutes before the scheduled end time for each tract will extend the bidding period for that tract five minutes until no other bids are received.
- The final top bidder(s) will be contacted by Gannon Real Estate to meet on September 17th, 2020 to sign a purchase agreement and deliver a cashier's check made out to Gannon RE Trust account for 10% of the final total bid amount. It may take a day or two to get final contracts signed by the owners or owners representatives since they live out of state. Tract 3 is part of an estate, so is subject to court approval. No issues are anticipated.
- Real Estate taxes will be prorated to closing.
- The farm lease is cancelled and evidence will be presented to the Buyer at contract signing. The building lease can be cancelled if requested by the Buyer of Tract 3.
- Closing will be on or before October 15, 2020. Flexible closing could possibly be arranged in advance.
- This is a cash sale and not subject to financing. Buyers should have fully inspected the property and be comfortable with accepting the property as-is at the time of the sale. -
- If Tracts 1 & 2 are sold separately then the boundary line will be identified by a surveyor to the satisfaction of the Buyers.
- The owner has the right to change terms or withdraw the offering prior to the ending of the auction time period.
- The owners will retain the 2020 rents but the lease allows owner access after closing for fall fertilizer and fieldwork.
Brief Legal Description:
The total 222.82 taxable acres m/l are located in the East fractional half (1/2) of the NW1/4, the East fr. 1/2 of the SW 1/4 less the 4.92 acre property exception, and the West fr.1/2 of the SW 1/4; all in Section 27, T90N, R29W of the 5th PM, in Webster County, Iowa, subject to public roadways.
Located in Section 27 of Deer Creek Township of Webster County, Iowa, these tracts are four miles east of Clare and 6.5 miles north of Fort Dodge. The tracts are directly located off of 140th (C66) and 145th as well as being directly west of P41 (Johnson Avenue).